Visit Peru and Hike the Inca Trail for Education
July 5th – July 15th 2017
Hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Visit the Amazon and Make a Difference
Join MAD on a nine day tour as we spend time enjoying the magnificent architecture and vibrant colors of Cusco before heading to the Sacred Valley. Rest for a night and then set off on the once-in-a-lifetime five day journey along the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. Enjoy a guided tour of the site, overnight in Aguas Calientes, and the chance to climb Huayna Picchu or explore the Amazon to round off your Peruvian adventure.
DAY 1: Arrive in Lima, next day flight to Cusco
DAY 2: Arrive in Cusco, afternoon tour, overnight in Cusco
DAY 3: Full day tour of the Sacred Valley with lunch, overnight in Sacred Valley
DAY 4-8: Five day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, day 8 in Machu Picchu, end in Cusco
DAY 9: Departure from Cusco
DAYS 10-12: Optional three day popular add on to visit the Amazon Rainforest. Transfer by boat to Puerto Maldonada
- Cusco airport/hotel transfers
- Operating costs for event setup
- 3-star hotels, double occupancy
- Breakfast at hotels, meals on trek
- 1/2 day Cusco city tour and nearby ruins – private
- Full day Sacred Valley tour with lunch
- Cusco tourist ticket (for entrances for both tours)
- Bi-lingual guides and transfer agents
- Fully supported trek: Transportation to the trailhead, bi-lingual guide, cook, porters, Inca Trail permits, meals on trek, large two-person sleeping tents and Thermarest, dining tent, table and chairs, portable toilet, shuttle, entrance and guided tour of Machu Picchu, train return to Cusco.Not Included
- International and domestic flights
- Combo ticket to climb Huayna Picchu is US$85/person. All Inca Trail Hikers need to purchase this in Peru.
- Lunches and dinners, except on trek and for the Sacred Valley tour
- Services and hotels in Lima
- Personal hiking gear (sleeping bag, day pack, etc.)
- About $80 per person for tips
Cost of Trip
US$ $2,000/person (a minimum of eight people are needed).
In addition to the cost of the trip, there is a minimum fundraising requirement of US $250/person to help educate the vulnerable children MAD supports. An easy way to ask for support of your MAD fundraising climb is by setting up a fundraising page. It’s a great way to spread the word that you are making a difference and keep track of your donations. Set up your fundraising page at FirstGiving. Find out if you’re eligible for a Charity Climb Rewards discount.Note: Although you can raise money for your personal climb it should not exceed the amount raised for the children. MAD only issues tax receipts for money raised for the children not you.
Requirements To Participate
• Fill out the Event Application form and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
• Be 18 years of age or have a guardian with you.
• Pay your Deposit of $500 ASAP in order to secure your spot. Permits sell out months in advance. Deposits are nonrefundable. If you don’t go, we don’t get a refund on the permit nor the amount of work our group leaders and travel company put in.
• Pay your Remaining Balance and Fundraising Goal 60 days before the climb.
• Provide a letter from your doctor stating you are of good health.
• Register your trip with your local embassy so that they know where to find you in case there is an emergency. https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Citizenship.aspx or their home country embassy
• Provide MAD with a copy of your travel insurance policy and make a copy for yourself.
Make A Difference
1775 W. State Street #329
Boise, Idaho 83702
Dates and fundraising minimums are subject to change. Please confirm with us before you purchase your flight. The doctor’s letter and travel insurance information need to be scanned and emailed to MAD at least one month before departure.
To ensure that your time with MAD is enjoyable and free from worries, MAD has made travel insurance compulsory for all programs and events, and provided it for days 1-9 of the Machu Picchu tour. Add-on days must be purchased on your own. Without limitation, MAD is not responsible for any injury, damage, loss of property or delays during your stay.
Want to meet the children you will be be helping? Get acquainted now.
Before you leave on your journey, purchase a MAD t-shirt, hat or bag and help educate a child. Shop and Make a Difference.
Get trip updates, connect with other hikers, and view pictures from past hikes on our social meeting page.