Help Send a Child to School While Climbing Kili
July 1st – July 13th 2017
Climb for Education, Give Back and Go on Safari (optional)
Join MAD on a fundraising climb and safari that will change your life and truly make a difference in the lives of vulnerable youth. The first week will be spent learning about the local Chagga culture and at the children’s school. The second week will be spent climbing Africa’s highest peak, followed by an optional safari!
DAY 1: Arrive Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO), transfer to Moshi, overnight MAD Guest House
DAYS 2-4: Volunteer with Make A Difference Now, overnight MAD Guest House
DAYS 5-11: 7-day Kilimanjaro Machame Trek
DAY 11: Overnight at hotel in Moshi.
RECOMMENDED OPTIONAL ADD ON – DAYS 12-13: 2-day optional safari to Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro Crater
• Donation to our Education Fund for the Children
• Airport pickup & drop off
• 24 Hour security & assistance
• Swahili & cultural lessons
• Time with the children at their school
• 4 nights at Make A Difference’s volunteer guest house
• 1 night at hotel with breakfast
• 7 days/6 nights hiking and camping on mountain with climbing staff
• All meals except lunch and dinner at Moshi hotel
• All transport
• International and domestic flights
• Lunch and dinner at hotel in Moshi
• Personal hiking gear (sleeping bag, day pack, etc.)
Cost of Trip
US $2,545/person (price contingent on 6 people). Find out if you’re eligible for a Charity Climb Rewards discount.
*Recommended add on 2 day safari: US $695
In addition to the cost of the trip, there is a minimum fundraising requirement of $500 USD per person to help educate the vulnerable children MAD supports.
How to Fundraise
An easy way to ask for support of your MAD fundraising trip is by setting up a fundraising page. It’s a great way to spread the word that you are making a difference and keep track of your donations. Set up your fundraising page at FirstGiving. Note: MAD only issues tax receipts for money raised for the children not your personal climb fees.
Requirements To Participate
• Fill out the MAD Application Form and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
• Be 18 years of age or have a guardian with you.
• Email MAD a letter from your doctor stating you are of good health.
• Email MAD a copy of your travel insurance policy.
• Read our Important Information Before You Go Page
To help you get ready for your journey and especially for those climbing Kilimanjaro, we suggest reading: Beyond Mountaintop
A US$250/person (refundable within 24 hours of making payment) is required to reserve your spot. The deposit goes towards your fundraising goal and secures a spot for you on the trek. To not miss out, please pay as soon as possible, but no later than April1st 2017. The balance is due on May 1st 2017.
Pay By Check
Payments by check can be sent to:
Make A Difference
1775 W. State St #329
Boise, ID USA
Dates and fundraising minimums are subject to change. Please confirm with us before you purchase your flight.
Doctor’s letter and travel insurance information need to be scanned and emailed to MAD at least one month before departure.
To ensure that your time with MAD is enjoyable and free from worries, MAD has made travel insurance compulsory for all programs and events. Without limitation, MAD is not responsible for any injury, damage, loss of property or delays during your stay.
Want to meet the children you will be be helping? Get acquainted now.
Before you leave on your journey, purchase a MAD t-shirt, hat or bag and help educate a child. Shop and Make a Difference.